Wednesday, June 1, 2011

God bless those who serve..


My Husband

Us the day he left for Afghanistan 6/15/09


As we all know, Monday was Memorial Day. What does memorial day mean to you? What does it mean to me?
I believe memorial day is a day to reflect on all those who have served, are still serving, and will in the future. It is THE biggest sacrifice anyone can make. Before I married a soldier, I never knew anyone in the military, I avoided any topic dealing with war because I thought it did not affect me. Sadly, a lot of people think this way. I think if you don't know anyone and you're not surrounded with war, deployment, and death then you think you are far away from it. The truth is every American should rally around their communitites to support these men and women. You never know how much they need it until you know a soldier who is thousands of miles away fighting for you. My husband was deployed for fourteen months and if it wasn't for family and everyone in the communities support, I wouldn't have made it. So many church people and friends of the family sent Bobby and the troops anything they could possibly need to make their time there a little more bearable. So, next time you see a yellow ribbon tied around a tree, or a mom wearing her sons button on her jacket, or a wife raising three little girls by herself, say a little prayer of thanks and bless those who serve:)

No comments:

Post a Comment